For all our presenters, we have created a Twin Cities Drupal Camp slide deck on Google Slides. Simply make a copy of the slides we've provided and use them in our presentation. It will not only save you time, but promote our camp!
Q: How long are sessions?
A: Sessions are all 45 minutes in length. You should plan on including 10-15 minutes at the end for questions. Attendees really like the opportunity to ask questions.
Q: What should I bring with me?
A: Your laptop, slides, power cord, and a HDMI adapter (if needed) to plug into the projector. There will be HDMI and VGA inputs, but not USB-C.
Q: What should I do if I get sick?
A: In the event that you can't present your session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we'll work with you to figure out a suitable alternative.
Q: How are speakers compensated?
A: Complimentary camp registration,high fives and our eternal gratitude. You're also invited to all our great parties!
- http://www.garrreynolds.com/Presentation/slides.html - short article on writing better decks
- http://www.speakingaboutpresenting.com/content/memorable-key-message-10-minutes/ - Creating a memorable presentation in under 10 minutes (sort of)
- http://www.speakingaboutpresenting.com/content/edit-presentation/ - refining your presentation
- http://zachholman.com/posts/slide-design-for-developers/ - slide design for developers
Videos about presenting
- http://tinyurl.com/howto-public-speaking - short and hilarious
- http://vimeo.com/44267609 - 5 things every presenter should know about people
If you prefer books
- Presentation Zen
- Beyond Bullet Points
Day of Information
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your session in order to ensure an on-time start. Use this opportunity to get any equipment setup, make sure you remember your own name, and do any pre-presentation routines like jumping jacks or blasting rock n' roll.