Drupal is an extremely flexible system. To achieve this, various layers of abstractions were built into it. A lot of concepts were created to explain these abstractions. Unfortunately, they are not always intuitive. This session aims to explain the basic building blocks for assembling a Drupal site and how they relate to each other. Many examples will be presented to help you understand Drupal and why it is so powerful.
By the end of the session, attendees will understand:
* What is a node?
* What is a content type?
* What are fields and why are they useful?
* What is a block and what can I do with it?
* What is a view?
* How are users and permissions managed?
* What is a module and its purpose?
* What is a theme and how can it change the look and feel of my website?